There is no sound from the TV while streaming or casting apps.
Check the following.
- Check if the TV volume is extremely low or muted.
- Check if sound is output normally from sources other than apps (such as broadcasts).
If there is no sound from sources other than apps, refer to the Sound issue article.
- If issues occur on a specific app, check the following.
If issues occur on specific content:
The content itself may not contain audio. The audio format may also not be supported.
NOTE: Also check the help website of the relevant app.
If issues occur on all content in the app:
Try the following.
NOTE: If there is no sound while casting, check the following on the app of the casting device.
- Restart the app
- Sign in to the app again
- Update the app to the latest version from Google Play Store
- Reset the app
NOTE: The following procedure is for Android TV™ or Google TV™ models. If there is no sound while casting, check and perform the operating procedure for the casting device.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- Select Apps.
- Select the relevant app.
- Select Clear data.
- Select Clear cache.
- Select force stop.
- Launch the app again from Home screen.
- Perform a power reset on the TV.
- Update the TV to the latest software. For how to perform an update, refer to the
How to perform a software update article.
- Also check the help website of the relevant app.
- If issues occur even on other apps, refer to the YouTube™, Netflix, or another streaming app installed on my BRAVIA TV doesn't work. article.
NOTE: If there is no sound while casting, try restarting the casting device.