IMPORTANT: Apple devices, or Android TV™/Google TV™ released after 2020 do not support Screen mirroring function. You can find some alternative methods in the Alternative methods section.
If you can't perform the Screen mirroring function follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure both your TV and device are compatible with the Screen mirroring function.
NOTE: To check if your devices are compatible with the Screen mirroring function, or alternative screen sharing methods, refer to the 2. Compatible devices and alternative methods section in the How to use the Screen mirroring function on my BRAVIA TV article.
- Make sure that the input of the TV is set to Screen mirroring, and setup of your mobile device is completed.
- For details, refer to the How to use the function section in the How to use the Screen mirroring function on my BRAVIA TV article.
- Make sure there are no other wireless devices connected to the mobile device before setting up the Screen mirroring feature of the TV.
- Reboot the mobile device.
NOTE: The following is an example of operation using an Xperia phone. For specific operational details, refer to the instruction manual of your mobile device.
- Press and hold the Power button of the mobile device for few seconds.
- Tap Turn off.
- Press and hold the Power button again for few seconds to turn on the device.
- Reboot the BRAVIA TV.
- For Android TV™: Using the supplied remote control, press and hold the Power button to restart the TV.
- For other TVs:
- Turn off the TV and remove the power cord (mains lead) from the wall outlet.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes, plug the power cord (mains lead) back into the outlet, and then turn on the TV.
- For Android TV, set the Bluetooth settings of the TV to Off by following steps below:
- Using the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Scroll down to Settings and press the Select button.
- Scroll down to NETWORK & ACCESSORIES.
- Select Bluetooth settings and press the Select button.
- Select Bluetooth On and press the Select button.
- Highlight Off and press the Select button.
- If the issue is not resolved, or the connection is unstable, try one of these alternative methods:
- For mobile devices: Mirror, cast, or display the content or screen of a mobile device on the TV screen
- For computers (Android TV): How to wirelessly display the computer screen on the TV
- The video quality may be degraded due to environmental interference.
- This feature does not require entering a password. If in case, it asks for a password, turn off the Wi-Fi Direct mode of the mobile device if there is any.
- Select BRAVIA TVs and Xperia mobile devices are compliant with the Screen mirroring function using the Miracast technology. The Screen mirroring function using mobile device from other manufacturers is not guaranteed to work.