IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article.
Your TV will automatically turn on at a specific time using the On timer function. Waking up with your favorite morning news program is one example of the convenient use of this function. The On timer function also enables to turn off the TV automatically after a certain duration of the time, so you can leave your home without turning off the TV.
Sony recommends you use the Talkback function to setup the On timer function.
Setting up the On timer
- On the TV remote control, press the HOME button.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Timers & Clock then press the Enter button.
- To set up the On timer, press the Right arrow button to select Edit, then press the Enter button.
The Timers menu has a total of seven setting items: Time, Day, Timer activation, Inputs, Channel, Volume setup, and Duration.
- Multiple settings are available by pressing the Up arrow button to select Add.
- The Reminder function can keep up to 18 TV programs.