Frequently Asked Questions for Sony's Android TV or Google TV
IMPORTANT: This article is for Android TV™ or Google TV™ models only. If you aren't sure of the type, check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV, an Android TV or other.
This page introduces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and useful information for Android TV™ or Google TV™.
Click on the icon/topic to view help articles.
Network / Internet
Picture & Screen
Connectivity (Bluetooth / USB HDD / HDMI etcs)
Save time, fix your TV onlineTry our new Sony Bravia Troubleshooting Guide
For a step by step walkthrough on how to perform various set up and functions on your TV, please refer to our TV Interactive Guide
- Troubleshooting an Android TV™ or Google TV™: What are the benefits of restarting the TV and software updates? / Issues with the sound and screen
- How to perform a software update
Network / Internet
Internet content issues
- How to perform a network diagnosis when the Android TV™ or Google TV™ can't connect to the Internet
- The TV Wi-Fi signal drops or intermittently disconnects.
- YouTube™, Netflix, or other streaming app doesn't work.
- There is no sound from the TV while streaming or casting apps.
- YouTube App doesn't launch, freezes, or Error message appears
- How do I get Disney+ on my TV?
- How do I install applications on the Android TV™ or Google TV™, and then confirm the apps installed?
- Apple AirPlay: Displaying content from Apple devices on Android TV™ or Google TV™
Sharing the screen / content from a mobile device
- How to display the content or screen of a mobile device on the TV screen
- The Wi-Fi Direct or Screen Mirroring function doesn't work.
- Can I use screen mirroring with my Apple mobile devices such as iPhone?
- Does my TV support Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit?
- How to tune or retune Sony's Android TV or Google TV (Analogue/Cable/Terrestrial Guide)?
- I changed the subtitle setting, but the setting is not being retained.
- TV remote control not operating properly or not responding at all.
- How to pair or re-pair your wireless or Voice command remote control to your Google TV™ or Android TV™
- Voice Commands do not work on my remote control.
- How to use Google Assistant
- How to perform a TV remote control software update
- How to reset the Google TV™ or Android TV™ to factory settings
- The BRAVIA TV turns on or off automatically.
- Why does the LED light up or blink in different colors?
- The TV will not turn on or does not have any power
Picture & Screen
- Adjusting the Picture settings on your TV
- Is my Android TV™/Google TV™ compatible with HDR?
- The picture looks too big, stretched, does not fit the screen or parts of the picture appear to be cut off.
- How to troubleshoot TV picture and screen issues.
Connectivity (Bluetooth/HDMI/USB etc.)
- Bluetooth connection: Frequently Asked Questions for Sony's Android TV™/Google TV™
- Can I use Bluetooth audio devices with my Android TV™ or Google TV™?
- Cannot pair any Bluetooth devices with the Android TV™ or Google TV™
- There is no picture when using an HDMI connection.
- There is no sound from the audio system when connected via eARC.
- Is my 4K/8K BRAVIA TV compatible with HDCP 2.2 or 2.3?
USB device, mouse/keyboard, PC
- Answers to questions regarding USB connections on Google TV™ and Android TV™
- What types of USB HDDs (hard disk drives) are compatible with Sony's BRAVIA TV?
- Do Google TV™ and Android TV™ support the use of USB or Bluetooth keyboard and mouse accessories?
- Unable to display a picture from a computer that is connected to the HDMI input of the TV.