This page introduces instructions for pairing your Bluetooth speaker with a source device such as a Walkman, smartphone, computer, or Sony TV.
Before you start the pairing operation, please confirm the following:
- Refer to the operating instructions, or help guide for model-specific information.
- Place the source device within 1 m (3 feet) of the Bluetooth speaker.
- Make sure the Bluetooth speaker and source device are both sufficiently charged.
Bluetooth Speaker pairing procedure
Once Bluetooth devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Turn on the speaker. The (power) indicator will light up or/and the (Bluetooth) indicator begins to flash.
- When you turn on the speaker for the first time after purchase, the (Bluetooth) indicator will begin to flash quickly and the speaker automatically enters pairing mode. Proceed to step ３.
- When you turn on the speaker, the speaker tries to make a Bluetooth connection with the last connected Bluetooth device. If that device is nearby and its BLUETOOTH function is on, the BLUETOOTH connection will be established automatically and the (Bluetooth) indicator will stay lit. When you want to connect another Bluetooth device, terminate the current Bluetooth connection first, by operating the currently connected Bluetooth source device.
- Press and hold the (power) PAIRING button until you hear the voice guidance and the (Bluetooth) indicator begins to flash quickly. The speaker enters pairing mode.
- Perform the pairing procedure on the Bluetooth source device to detect the speaker.
NOTE: Complete pairing operations of the source device within 5 minutes. The pairing mode of the speaker ends after 5 minutes. If pairing mode ends, you must start pairing operations for the speaker over from the beginning.
Bluetooth source device pairing procedure:
- Walkman device (NWZA Series, NWZE Series, NWZS Series, NWZX Series)
- Android device (smartphone, tablet)
- iOS device (iPhone, iPad)
- Windows 8.1 or 10
- Windows 7
- Sony Android TVs
NOTE: Not all Sony Android TVs can be use with Bluetooth headphones or speakers, please verify that your TV model is in the list.
- Check that the (Bluetooth) indicator has switched from flashing to a steady light. When the speaker is successfully connected to the source device, the (Bluetooth) indicator will stay lit.
Helpful information on Bluetooth pairing
- When the speaker is restored to factory settings, all pairing information is deleted.
- Pairing information might be deleted after a repair, etc.
- If you exceed the maximum number of Bluetooth devices that can be paired (approx. 8), the oldest pairing information will be overwritten and replaced by any new pairing information.
- When the pairing information for the speaker has been deleted from the Bluetooth source device.