This page introduces Frequently Asked Questions about Bluetooth for Sony's Android TV.
Click on the topic to view help articles.
For the following information, refer to the Help Guide.
- How to pair the TV with a Bluetooth device
- Supported Bluetooth profiles
Connection with Audio devices (Headphones, speakers, and sound bars)
Bluetooth A2DP-supported models can connect with Bluetooth audio devices such as headphones or speakers.
For compatibility information, refer to the following article:
- Can I use Bluetooth headphones, speakers, and sound bars with Android TV?
NOTE: TVs released in 2016 and earlier do not support Bluetooth connections with audio devices.
For information on pairing with Bluetooth speakers or headphones, refer to the following articles:
- How to pair a Bluetooth speaker with a source device
- How to pair Bluetooth headphones with a Bluetooth source device
For troubleshooting Bluetooth connection, refer to the following articles:
- Troubleshooting for the Bluetooth connection with the audio device on Android TV released from 2017 to 2019.
- Cannot pair any Bluetooth devices with the Android TV.
Connection with other devices
- Mobile devices (Smartphone / tablet)
Mobile devices (smartphones or tablets) cannot be connected via Bluetooth. For details about another way to connect the mobile devices, refer to the following article:
How to play back the content stored in a mobile device on the TV screen
Generally, operation is not guaranteed for Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that are sold as “for Android™”. For further information, refer to the following article:
Does Android TV support USB or Bluetooth keyboards and mice/mouses?
- Touchpad Remote / Voice Remote
How to re-pair your Voice command remote control to your TV
How to pair the Touchpad Remote Control with the TV
- 3D glasses (2015/ 2016 models only)
- The compatibility chart of the 3D glasses for Android TV (2016/2015 models)
If you cannot pair or connect your Bluetooth device with the TV, refer to the following article.
If you have any trouble with your audio device Bluetooth connection on Android TV (2017 to 2019), refer to the following article.