From the 22nd May 2018, a very small portion of Bravia TVs may become unable to access apps, updates or other network services. This is due to cached information* remaining on your devices – typically your Internet router – following a Bravia server upgrade.
*Cached information includes the Internet, ISP and router/home network data.
If you cannot see any network service or app icons, or access apps and other network services on your TV, please try the following:
- Unplug and then reconnect the power cords of your TV and Internet router after one minute.
You could also try this additional troubleshooting step if you feel comfortable changing your TV’s settings by following the steps below:
WARNING: Using a Public DNS may improve Internet routing speeds and help resolve the issue. However, please write down the default DNS for reference later in case public DNS does not work in the network or network connection goes slower or unstable.
A primary and secondary DNS server is automatically assigned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you suspect that the used DNS server is not reliable or not working properly, it is possible to choose a Public DNS server by following the steps below.
- Using the supplied remote, press the Home button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Settings/Set-up.
- Select Set-up Network connection.
- Select Custom/Expert.
- Select Wired/Wireless Set-up. In Wireless Setup connect TV to Wireless network by scanning the network or by using WPS function, depending of router. For secured wireless setup, a Network security key needs to be entered before the IP address and Proxy server setting screen is displayed.
- Select Manual IP Address setting.
- Keep the IP address like is or change the IP address manually and enter the DNS by the following Public DNS addresses: 188.8.131.52 for Primary DNS and 184.108.40.206 for Secondary DNS.
- Select NO if prompted to use a proxy server.
- Select Save and Connect to establish a Network connection.
NOTE: In case the Internet connection becomes slower or unstable, other Public DNS servers can be found by searching through the Internet.
To help your TV run smoothly, we also recommend that you have the latest firmware installed on your device.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.