Before you start
- Not all TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, or Home Theater systems have Internet capability. You can check if your unit is Internet-capable in your device specifications on our support website.
- You will need access to a Web browser on a computer or another Internet-capable device.
- The Prime Video app usually comes pre-installed on Sony TVs. However, the app can also be downloaded from the Google Play Store on an Android TV or Google TV.
- Only Android TV or Google TV can download apps. Other TVs does not have this apps pre-installed and it is not available for download.
- If you can't download apps on your TV, learn how to use streaming services (e.g. Amazon Prime Video) on non-Android TVs.
- How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV™, Android TV™, or other TV.
- The Prime Video app is available in over 200 countries and territories (as of November 2020), however, the availability of the app may vary depending on the country and the type of TV you have (Google / Android vs non-Android).
How to access the Amazon Prime Video app and register your device
- Using the supplied remote control, press the HOME or MENU button.
- Select Video, Application, My Apps or Apps, depending on your model.
- Select the Prime Video app.
- Select Sign In or Sign In and Start Watching.
- If presented with a QR code, you can scan the QR code using your smartphone camera. Otherwise, note the six-letter registration code that appears on the screen (e.g. KUNYJ7), as shown in the screenshot below and continue the steps. (You will need it in Step 8 to register your device to your Amazon account)
- Using a computer, tablet, or mobile device, go to the Amazon sign-in page.
- Sign in to your Amazon Prime account or create a new account.
- Enter the registration code from your device, (e.g.KUNYJ7), then select Register Device.
Note: If the registration code box does not appear or not found in Amazon web site, go to www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/code to register.
- When registration is complete, you can enjoy the Prime Video streaming service..
- To manage the devices registered to your Amazon Prime Video account, log in to your Amazon Prime Video account on your computer or other Internet-enabled device and click Manage my device.