- Changing the device name of the Android TV or Google TV allows you to rename the SSID or device name that usually appears under the Wi-Fi Direct settings screen of the TV.
- This is helpful if you have multiple Sony TVs which will be linked to a mobile device, a tablet computer, or a computer through the Wi-Fi Direct feature.
To change the device name of the TV, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select System or Device Preferences — About — Device Name — Change. (Android™ 9 or later)
- Select About — Device Name — Change. (Android 8.0 or earlier)
NOTE: After selecting Change, Presets or Edit Custom name will appear.