IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products, country and/or operating systems. For the applicable products, please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article. For the applicable countries/regions and operating systems, please refer to the article below.
Countries and regions where Sony's TV supports Amazon Alexa devices
There are two types of Skills in Alexa, and the supported TV models differ for each Skill.
NOTE: Alexa will not work if you try to use a Skill that is not compatible with your TV.
If your TV is an applicable model, one of the following apps will be in the Apps list. You cannot install these apps yourself.
- TV Control with Smart Speakers
- TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa
The Skills available differ depending on each application. For details, refer to What is an Alexa Skill and how does it work?.
Alexa is Amazon's cloud-based voice service.
You can use various functions called Skills, which include turning the TVs on or off, and volume adjustment.
To use Skills, in the Alexa app, open the Skills section.
NOTE: The Skill to use depends on the TV model as follows:
- For models with the TV Control with Smart Speakers app: Select Sony’s TV skill, and enable it.
- For models with the TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app: Select Sony’s TV - Basic skill, and enable it.
Alternatively, you can also enable it by specifying the Skill name using your voice.
- A TV model that supports the Alexa Skill (see supported models)
- An Amazon Alexa device
- A Mobile device such as your phone or tablet
- An Amazon account
- A Google Account (When using TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app)
- A Home network with Wi-Fi capabilities (Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. This doesn't support connecting to ad-hoc or peer-to-peer Wi-Fi networks)
Please search for Sony’s TV on the Amazon Alexa app*1 and refer to the details in Sony’s TV skill or Sony’s TV - Basic skill description.
*1 The Amazon Alexa app is a mobile application provided by Amazon. Please access the app from your smartphones or tablets.
Amazon and Alexa are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.