Apple AirPlay: Displaying content from Apple devices on Google TV™ or Android TV™
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Use AirPlay to mirror the display or stream content from your Apple devices, such as an iPhone or iPad, to your TV. This TV supports AirPlay 2.
Before you start
- You must connect the TV to the Internet to use AirPlay.
- Depending on the model, a software update for the TV may be required in order to use AirPlay.
- Apple device operation varies depending on the OS version.
Tip: Learn how to turn captions on or off when watching Internet videos from YouTube
How to display the content or screen
- Make sure your Apple device is connected to the same network as your TV.
- Operate the Apple device to display the content on the TV:
- Video: Start playback on the Apple device then, tap (AirPlay Video).
- Photos: Start display photo on the Apple device then tap (Share).
- Music: Start playback on the Apple device then tap (AirPlay Audio).
- Whole screen of a mobile device: Open control center on the Apple device then tap (Mirroring).
- Select AirPlay on the Apple device, and select the TV to use with AirPlay.
- Make sure the AirPlay setting is on:
- On the TV remote control, press the (Input select) button and then select (AirPlay).
- Select AirPlay & HomeKit settings and turn on AirPlay.
- Update the TV and Apple devices to the latest version.
Note: For details on TV, refer to the article How to perform a software update.
- Restart the TV and Apple devices.
Note: For details on TV, refer to the article How to restart (reset) a Google TV™ or Android TV™?.
- If the issue has not resolved, refer to the article Apple TV access issues or unable to pair Apple devices to my TV using the AirPlay app of HomeKit.
- The TV supports Apple HomeKit. You can control the TV with an Apple device by pressing the INPUT or (Input select) button on the remote control, selecting (AirPlay), and then following the on-screen instructions to setup the Apple HomeKit.
Note: Available operations vary depending on the version of the app and software.
- If you enable Remote start, you can turn on the TV with an Apple device:
- On the remote control, press the Quick settings or ACTION MENU button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Select Remote start.
- For detailed information for AirPlay, refer to the following websites:
- How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen (links to external website)
- How to AirPlay audio (links to external website)
- If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device (links to external website)
iPhone, iPad, Mac, AirPlay and HomeKit are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries or regions.