IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The file formats supported by the Media Player app downloaded from the app store (*) are as follows:
Google Play Store
For W8L, X64L, X70L, X74L, X75L, X77L, W8K, X74K, X75K, X75H series:
For supported files and formats, refer to the Help Guide.
For other models:
- Audio: AAC, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, PCM/WAVE, WMA, AC3, DTS
- Video: H.263, H.264 AVC, H.265 HEVC, MPEG-4 SP, VP8, VP9, WMV, VP6, MJPEG, XAVC V1 (*1), XAVC V2 (*2)
- (*1) Only 2023 Google TV™ models support XAVC V1.
- (*2) Only A95L series support XAVC V2.
- Photo: JPEG, ARW, HEIF
Note: Only the X90H, KM-X9000H series and Google TV models support HEIF. (The X90H and KM-X9000H series will require a software update.)
- The Media Player app does not support Dolby content.
- For a list of file formats that are supported by the Media Player, Video, or Photo application that was pre-installed on the BRAVIA TV, refer to the Help Guide. For the relevant sections of the Help Guide, refer to the What file formats are supported by the Album, Music, and Video apps? article.
- If any of the listed formats cannot be played, please update the TV. For how to update, refer to the How to perform a software update article.