IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products and/or countries/regions. For details, please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article.
If the TV cannot be turned on using a Google Assistant-enabled device, follow these steps:
- Set Remote start in the TV to ON.
- On the remote control, press the Quick Settings ( or ) button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network & Internet
- Select Remote start, then select ON or On (Powered on by apps).
- Make sure you are using the same Sony account on the Google Assistant-enabled device and the TV.
- Make sure the Date & time are set automatically. For details, refer to the How to adjust the date and time article.
- If the issue is still unresolved, try the following:
- Use a remote control to turn on the TV.
- Restart the TV.
- If a device other than the TV and Google Assistant compatible speaker is connected to the same router, disconnect that device to reduce the number of connected devices.
- If you are using the router’s firewall, check that ports 5228, 5229, and 5230 are open.
Depending on the router specifications (including the limit for the number of connected devices) or settings, turning on the TV using a Google Assistant-enabled device may not be supported. For details, please refer to the manual or support site of the router.