Connect your TV to the internet beforehand.
For details on the internet connection steps, refer to the following pages.
How to connect the Android TV / Google TV to a network using a wireless connection.
How to connect the BRAVIA TV to a network using a wired connection
Prepare a Google account with a registered email address and password.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one on Google’s website. For details, refer to Create your Google Account.
For Android™ 7.0 or later: You can register more than one Google account on your Android TV or Google TV at a time.
- For Android 6.0 or earlier: Only one Google account can be used at a time. If you want to log in with a different Google account than the one that is already logged in, remove that account and then add the new one. For details, refer to the How to remove and change Google accounts article.
Follow these steps to set (add) a Google account on an Android TV or Google TV:
NOTE: The display screen may differ depending on the device or OS version. The following is just an example.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Account & Sign In — Add another account — Google.
- Select Account & Sign In — Add account — Sign In or Google.
- Select Add account.
Enter the Email address and select NEXT.
NOTE: Use the Arrow buttons to use the on-screen keyboard and press the center button to select.
- Enter the Password and select NEXT.
- After you have successfully logged in, the Google Account icon will be displayed together with the email address used to log in.
NOTE: You can remove your account by selecting the Google Account icon displayed. Alternatively, depending on the model, you can sync your account or sync your apps, etc.