Follow these troubleshooting steps if the Micro Vault storage device is not recognized by the computer.
The following troubleshooting steps are for use with a computer operating Windows OS. For detailed procedures, or for procedures of computer's operating Mac or another OS, contact the maker of your computer.
Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the Micro Vault storage device function status after completing each step.
Step 1 Insert the Micro Vault storage device into a different USB port
Step 2 Restart the computer and reinsert the Micro Vault
Step 3 Reinstall the USB device driver
Step 4 Reinsert the Micro Vault storage device without launching resident software
Step 5 Correct the drive letter assignment
Step 6 Reformat the Micro Vault storage device
- If using more than one USB device simultaneously, remove any other USB device(s) and check the function status with just the Micro Vault storage device connected.
- If there are multiple USB ports (insertion points) on the computer, change the USB port and check the function status.
- If using a USB hub or USB interface computer card, remove it and check the function status with the Micro Vault directly connected to the computer ‘s USB port.
- Depending on the operating status of your computer, the Micro Vault may not be correctly recognized even when connected.Try reinserting the Micro Vault storage device immediately after the computer launches.
- If the device driver (the program required for Windows OS to recognize a device) is not correctly installed, the Micro Vault storage device may not be recognized. Open Device Manager. Devices with a yellow [!] or red [×] next to them in the Universal Serial Bus controllers section are not being correctly recognized. If a device is not being correctly recognized, the driver needs to be reinstalled.
- If there is resident software installed (antivirus software, etc.) on the computer, it may prevent the Micro Vault storage device from being correctly recognized. Disable any applicable resident software and check if the storage device is recognized by your computer.
- When the icon for a removable disk is not shown in My Computer, the cause may be that it has not been assigned the correct drive letter (drive designation), meaning that it cannot be recognized by My Computer even if it is recognized by Device Manager. Change the drive letter (drive designation) and check if the Micro Vault storage device icon is shown in My Computer.
- The format information of the Micro Vault may be unstable. Try reformatting it and checking the Micro Vault function status afterward.