Making a Connection
- Antenna cable (RF/Coaxial), which carries digital and analog signal to Set-top Box
- HDMI cable
- Optional - Composite Video cable. Use this connection when you want to view teletext.
- After making a connection, turn on the TV and the connected set-top box.
- Press the (Input) button repeatedly to select the input to the connected
- Tune the set-top box to the desired channel. Please refer to the instruction manual of the set-top box.
Please note that this is a general troubleshooting based on Sony's latest TV models. You can locate specific troubleshooting information on the i-Manual or operating instruction for your model.
- Display/picture issue.
- Check that the connection and Input Settings on your set top box are correct.
- Compare the picture from the set top box with the picture
TV or other source input.
For example, if the set top box (TV OUT) is connected to TV (RF IN) via RF cable, please switch the input to TV and compare the picture. If the TV picture has no issue, then the issue is with the set top box. In this case, please contact your set top box service provider.
You may also playback a movie from another source Input (i.e. Bluray player or DVD player) for comparison.
- Some channels are blank.
- The channel is for scrambled/subscription service only. Subscribe to a pay TV service.
- The channel is used only for data (no picture or sound).
- Contact the broadcaster for transmission details.
- You cannot view digital channels.
- Ask a local installer if digital transmissions are provided in your area.
- Upgrade to a higher gain antenna (aerial).
- Not all channels are tuned.
- Try to preset channels manually by configuring the settings in Manual Programme Preset. (Availability of Manual Programme Preset and its options may vary depending on the region/country/situation.)