Before you start
- This article is specific to macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or later.
- Depending on the computer you are using, the built-in Bluetooth adaptor may need to be turned on. If you do not know how to turn on the Bluetooth adaptor or are unsure if your computer has a built-in Bluetooth adaptor, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer.
- Set the Mac computer's speaker to unmute. If the computer's speaker is muted, the sound will be muted on the audio device as well.
Follow these steps to connect Bluetooth devices to a computer:
- Wake the computer up if the computer is in standby (sleep) or hibernation mode.
- Click System Preferences → Bluetooth in the taskbar on the right-bottom of the screen.
- On the Bluetooth screen, click Pair to the right side of the audio device name.
Note: Select the device name without LE_. After the pairing is complete, the computer will automatically connect to the audio device, and Connected will be displayed on the screen.
- Click the Speaker icon in the top-right of the screen and select the audio device name from Output Device.
- If a Passkey (Passcode, PIN code, PIN number, Password, etc.) is required, enter 0000.
- If [Your Bluetooth device model (Example: WH-1000XM5)] does not appear on the computer screen, try again.
- The operation above is an example. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer.
- If the music playback sound quality is poor, check that the A2DP function which supports music playback connections is enabled in the computer settings. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer.
- If the last-connected Bluetooth device is placed near the headset, the headset may connect automatically to the device by simply turning on the headset. If this is the case, deactivate the Bluetooth function on the last-connected device or turn off the power.
- If you cannot connect your computer to the headset, delete the headset pairing information on your computer and perform the pairing again. As for the operations on your computer, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer.
- If pairing is not established within 5 minutes, pairing mode is canceled. In this case, turn off the power and start the operation again.
- Once Bluetooth devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
- When a 9th device is paired.
The headset can be paired with up to 8 devices. If a new device is paired after 8 devices are already paired, the registration information of the paired device with the oldest connection date is overwritten with the information for the new device.
- When the pairing information for the headset has been deleted from the Bluetooth device.
- When the headset is initialized.
All of the pairing information is deleted. In this case, delete the pairing information for the headset from the connected device and then pair them again.
- The headset can be paired with multiple devices, but can only play music from 1 paired device at a time.