Sound from the Subwoofer is too low.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
Note: The subwoofer is a speaker for playing bass sounds. Sound from the subwoofer may be hard to hear when the input source has less bass sound.
- On the remote control, press the + (plus) button of the SW (subwoofer volume) to turn up the subwoofer volume.
Note: The button name varies depending on the model (subwoofer volume, BASS, etc.).
- If Night mode is set to ON, set it to OFF.
Note: For details regarding Night mode, refer to the product manual.
- Check the settings:
- HT-S2000: Using the Sony | Home Entertainment Connect app, select Settings → Sound Settings → Speaker position and volume level settings → Volume level, and then adjust the Subwoofer volume level.
- HT-A7000, HT-A5000, HT-A3000: Make sure the Sound Field Optimization is complete. You can start the optimization on Home → Setup → Advanced Settings → Speaker Settings → Sound Field Optimization, and follow the on-screen instructions. For details, refer to the Help Guide.
- Other models: Go to step 4.
- Try to play the test tone or built-in demo music to verify if any sound is coming out of the subwoofer:
HT-A7000, HT-A5000, HT-A3000 HT-A9, HT-X9000F, HT-Z9F HT-S20R, HT-S40R HT-S400 Other models