IMPORTANT: This is a model-specific solution, view the Applicable Products and Categories for this article to verify that these specifications apply to your model.
To learn about Bluetooth devices and TV models with Bluetooth connection availability, refer to the following FAQ: Can I use Bluetooth audio devices with my Google TV™ or Android TV™?
- Q1: There is no sound from the audio device connected via Bluetooth
- Q2: Sound from the audio device is interrupted or is not synchronized with the TV screen.
- Q3: Sound echoes.
- Q4: The volume of the sound bar cannot be changed by the TV remote control.
- Q5: An audio device connected via Bluetooth is not turned off when turning off the TV.
- Q6: The sound bar cannot be connected via Bluetooth.
Check the following.
- The sound volume of the TV or connected device may be low. Check the volume level of each device.
- Check if the input of the connected device is set to Bluetooth.
For details on the input mode, refer to the manual of the connected device.
- The Bluetooth connection may be unstable. Perform the following steps.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Remotes and accessories. (Android™ 10 or later)
- Select Remote & Accessories → Bluetooth Settings. (Android 9)
- Select Bluetooth Settings. (Android 8.0 or earlier)
- Disconnect the connected device, and connect again.
- Reset the connected device to the factory settings. For details, refer to the product manual.
- For sound bar connection only: There may be no sound from the sound bar when there is an HDMI and Bluetooth connection at the same time. If this is the case, remove the Bluetooth connection and connect only with HDMI.
Check the following according to the symptom. If the symptom does not improve after checking the following, try a wired connection with HDMI or analog cables.
This may occur when connecting HDMI and Bluetooth at the same time. In this case, disconnect Bluetooth and connect to devices with HDMI only.
Note: An HDMI connection is recommended for a stable connection.
With some sound bar models, the volume cannot be changed using the remote control of another device. Use the remote control supplied with the sound bar or the buttons on the sound bar.
This may also occur when connecting HDMI and Bluetooth at the same time. In this case, disconnect Bluetooth and connect to devices with HDMI only.
Note: For a stable connection, an HDMI connection is recommended.
Connected devices cannot be turned off from the TV. Turn off the connected devices manually.
Note: Depending on the device, you can use the function to turn the power off automatically when no signal is detected.
If the sound bar and TV are connected using an HDMI cable, they cannot connect via Bluetooth because the HDMI connection has a higher priority. Disconnect the HDMI cable before trying to connect via Bluetooth again.
- Some sound bar products do not switch to Bluetooth input just by disconnecting the HDMI cable. If this is the case, disconnect the HDMI cable first, check the instructions for the connected device, and switch to Bluetooth input.
- For supported Bluetooth sound bars refer to the article Can I use Bluetooth audio devices with my Google TV or Android TV?