This error will occur when the an Internet connection cannot be established or if an issue exists with the online network. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot for different types of connectivity issues.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- Each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check if the error continues to appear after completing each step.
- Test the Internet connection with a different device, such as a computer, to verify Internet access is available.
NOTE: If necessary, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance with re-establishing or activating an Internet connection.
- Confirm that an active Internet connection has been established using a wired or wireless connection.
- Some routers have a WMM setting that can help control the streaming video. If using a wireless connection, contact the router manufacture for assistance changing the WMM setting to help control latency and jitter when transmitting multimedia over a wireless connection.
- If using a wireless gaming adapter for connection, make sure it is set up properly.
- Make sure the device has the latest system software update installed. This can either be done from the Settings menu of the device (recommended) or from this website using a computer.
- Test if the error message only appears when accessing one particular online service or content.
NOTE: If the error only occurs when trying to access one particular online website or service, then that particular site may be temporarily down for maintenance purposes. In these rare cases, re-attempt to access the desired online content at a later time.
- Reset the cable modem or router by unplugging the power cord from the electrical outlet for 1 minute.
- Go into the Network menu and select Refresh Internet Content.
NOTE: The Refresh Internet Content option may not be available on all devices.
- Change the default Domain Name Server (DNS) to a Public DNS 220.127.116.11.
- Reset the device to the factory default settings.
- Follow these steps to reset a TV.
- If using a Blu-ray Disc player or network media player, the reset can be found in the Settings menu.
NOTE: It may take up to 3 attempts for a full reset to occur.