It depends on the TV model and Bluetooth device.
For TV models that can be connected to Bluetooth devices through Bluetooth, refer to the following.
Bluetooth headphones and soundbars can only be used with the following models. Please make sure that your model is in the list.
- Z9H series
- Z8H series
- A9S series
- A8H series
- X95H series (49/85)
- X95H series (55/65/75)
- X90H_X91H series
- X85H series
NOTE: The sound may skip when a 2020 TV model is connected via Bluetooth to a HT-Z9F Soundbar if the TV is using the Android™ 8.0 OS. To resolve the issue, update the TV to Android 9.0 OS. For how to update, refer to the How to perform a software update article.
- Z9G series
- A9G series
- A8G series
- X95G series
- X90G series
- X85G series (KD-43/49)
- X85G series (55/65/75/85)
NOTE: The sound may skip when a X85xxG Series (55/65/75/85) TV is connected via Bluetooth to a HT-X9000F Soundbar if the TV is using the Android 8.0 OS. To resolve the issue, update the TV to Android 9.0 OS. For how to update, refer to the How to perform a software update article.
- Z9F series
- A9F series
- A8F series
- X90F series
- X85F7 series
- X83F series
- X78F series
- A1 series
- X95E series
- X93E_X94E series
- X90E series
- X85E series
- You can also check the applicable models on our support website or in the TV settings.
- On our support website, go to the page of your product and refer to the Specifications section. If your model supports Bluetooth headphones, A2DP is displayed in the Bluetooth profile section.
- For the settings menu, go to HOME — Settings — Sound
HOME — Settings — Display & Sound — Audio output. If your model supports Bluetooth headphones, A/V Sync is displayed.
These Bluetooth headphones and soundbars are supported. For other Bluetooth devices, if the device supports A2DP, there is a possibility that it can be used. However, Sony does not guarantee the operation as a manufacturer.
Headphone / Headset:
- The sound may skip when a HT-Z9F Soundbar is connected via Bluetooth to 2020 TV model with the Android 8.0 OS. To resolve the issue, update the TV to Android 9.0 OS. For how to update, refer to the How to perform a software update article.
- There may be delays when a HT-X9000F Soundbar is connected via Bluetooth to a X85xxG Series (55/65/75/85) TV with the Android 8.0 OS. To resolve the issue, update the TV to Android 9.0 OS. For how to update, refer to the How to perform a software update article.
- Only one Bluetooth audio device can be connected to the TV at a time. It is possible to connect Bluetooth devices other than the Bluetooth audio device at the same time.
- The codec used when transmitting the Bluetooth audio device is SBC (Sub-Band Coding) (LDAC, AAC, aptX, eSBC, etc. are not supported.)
- Depending on the TV app used, or Bluetooth audio device connected, some app operations performed from the Bluetooth audio device may not work. In such cases, use the TV remote control to operate the app.
- To make sure your TV software is up to date, please install the latest software update for your TV model from the Sony Support website.
IMPORTANT: In the event of issues, such as no sound coming out even when using applicable products, refer to the Troubleshooting for the Bluetooth connection with the audio device on Android TV FAQ.