1. Click the Start button, click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, click Network and Internet.
3. In the Network and Internet window, click Network and Sharing Center.
4. In the Network and Sharing Center window, under Change your networking settings, click Troubleshoot problems.
5. In the Troubleshoot problems - Network and Internet window, under Network, click Network Adapter.
6. In the Network Adapter window, click the Next button.
7. In the Select the network adapter to diagnose window, select Wireless Network Connection and then click the Next button.
8. If the troubleshooter identifies a problem, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve it.
NOTE: In the example image below, the troubleshooter identified that the physical wireless switch was turned off.
9. In the Network Adapter window, click the Close button.