The following steps may differ between Android versions. To learn which Android version your device has, find and tap Settings > About phone > Android version. If you do not see About phone under Settings, tap System.
- Disable all data connections over mobile networks to save power when you're not using the internet. Doing so does not prevent your device from transmitting data over other wireless networks.
- Turn off GPS, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections when you don't need these features.
- Increase the synchronization interval for your email, calendar and contacts.
- Keep track of your battery consumption and see which applications are using the most power.
- Close and exit applications that you are not using.
- Lower the screen brightness level.
- If your device is connected to an external screen, turn off the screen on your device.
- Turn off your device or activate Airplane mode if you are in an area with no network coverage. Otherwise, your device repeatedly scans for available networks, and this consumes power.
- Use an original headset from Sony to listen to music. A headset consumes less battery power than the device's loudspeakers.
- Disable any live wallpaper.
- Update your device to ensure that you have optimal performance and the latest enhancements.
- Perform a factory data reset. This is sometimes the best solution if your device stops functioning properly, but note that it will delete all personal content saved on the internal memory of your device. Make sure to back up data that you want to keep.