The AF Micro Adjustment function allows you to adjust and register an auto-focused position of an A-mount lens attached with the LA-EA2 mount adaptor. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Attach the mount adapter to the camera.
- Attach the lens to the mount adapter.
- Choose a subject with good contrast as a focus point of reference.
NOTE: You can use a lens alignment tool. There are a number of websites with instructions for how to make your own lens alignment tool. If you prefer, however, there are commercially available lens alignment tools, including:
- Press MENU.
- Select Setup.
- Select AF Micro Adj.
- Select AF Adjustment Setting.
- Select On.
- Select Amount.
- Turn the control wheel to adjust the value.
- Press the center button of the control wheel when finished.
NOTE: When you attach a lens that is registered on the camera, the registered value is displayed. When you attach an unregistered lens, 0 is displayed. If a dash (-) is displayed as the value, then a total of 30 lenses have been registered. When you want to register a new lens, attach a lens for which you can delete its registered value and adjust that value to 0. Alternatively, you can reset the values of all lenses by selecting Clear.
If you are unable to use the AF Micro Adjustment, the camera body and lens can be sent to Sony for service. Go to Product Repair.