In Windows 8, there is no need to turn off your computer completely.
If you are not going to use your computer for a long time, follow the steps below to turn off your computer completely:
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click General.
- In the General screen, under Advanced startup, click the Restart now button.
- In the Choose an option screen, click Turn off your PC.