1. Click Start and click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Security.
3. In the System and Security window, click VAIO Control Center.
4. In the VAIO Control Center window, click Keyboard and Mouse and click Backlit KB.
5. In the Backlit KB screen, to enable the backlight feature, select the Turn backlight on when surroundings dark checkbox.
The Turn backlight on when surroundings dark box option must be checked in order to allow user to specify the length of time until the backlight turns off.
To disable the backlight feature, deselect the Turn backlight on when surroundings dark checkbox.
6. Click to select the desired length of time until backlight turns off when there is no keyboard activity:
Do not turn off (always on when dark)
7. Once all desired changes have been made, click OK.