2. In the Run window, type MSCONFIG and then press the ENTER key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
3. In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.
4. On the Startup tab, click to select any box not already selected.
5. Click the OK button.
6. In the System Configuration dialog box, click the Restart button.
NOTE: If other users are currently logged into the computer, a warning will appear that they may lose data if the computer is shut down. To restart the computer, in the Windows dialog box, click the Yes button.
7. Try to recreate the issue.
8. Repeat this process until the issue reoccurs or all the boxes on the Startup tab are selected.
9. If the problem reoccurs, disable the last item selected on the Startup tab.
10. If the issue has not reoccurred after all the boxes on the Startup tab have been selected, repeat the procedure on the Services tab.
11. When the problem reoccurs, disable the last item selected on the Services tab.