2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Security.
3. In the System and Security window, click Power Options.
4. In the Power Options window, in the Select a power plan section, next to the currently selected power plan, click Change plan settings.
NOTE: Changes made within a specific power plan will affect that power plan only. This means that if the power plan selection is changed - from VAIO Optimized to High Performance, for example - any changes made to the setting within the previously selected power plan will not be reflected in the newly selected power plan. To ensure that a specific setting is customized the way you want it to be no matter what power plan is selected, modify that setting in all the power plan options.
5. In the Edit Plan Settings window, click Change advanced power settings.
6. In the Advanced Settings window, click the Plus (+) sign next to Power buttons and lid to expand the selection.
7. Under Power buttons and lid, click the Plus (+) sign next to Power button action to expand the selection.
8. Under Power button action, click On battery: and then click the down arrow.
9. In the drop-down menu, click to select the desired setting - Do nothing, Hibernate, or Shut down.
10. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for Plugged in:.
11. Click the OK button.
12. Close the Edit Plan Settings window.