How to disable the power management setting for the wireless adapter in Windows 8 and 8.1.
Disabling the power management setting for the Wi-Fi® or WLAN adapter may resolve wireless connection issues, including dropped or failed connections.
- Press the Windows Logo + X key combination, and then on the menu click Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click Network adapters to expand the selection.
- Under Network adapters, click to select the appropriate wireless LAN adapter.
- On the menu bar, click Action and then click Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Power Management tab.
- On the Power Management tab, click to uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
NOTE: Some WLAN adapters have another power saving setting in addition to the one on the Power Management tab. Click the Advanced tab and try to locate a power saving setting. If it exists, disabled it.
- Click the OK button.