How to downgrade from Windows Vista to Windows XP using the Windows XP downgrade disc?
Downgrading from Windows Vista to Windows XP using the Windows XP downgrade disc.
Below are the steps and information necessary to complete the Windows XP downgrade. This process will vary by computer model and may take up to two hours to complete. The downgrade process does the following:
* Completely removes the Windows Vista Business operating system
* Formats the computer's C:\ hard drive, removing all content such as files, programs, personal settings, etc... .
* Installs a standard version of the Windows XP Pro operating system
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the Windows XP downgrade process:
* Please print and carefully read this document.
* Back up all important content before starting the downgrade process.
* Create a system recovery disc in case you wish to restore the Windows Vista Business operating system at a later date.
Follow these steps to complete the Windows XP downgrade process:
WARNING: Some parts of this process may take a long time to complete. Do not interrupt the Windows XP downgrade process once it has begun. If this process is interrupted, the Windows XP installation will be damaged and you will have to start all over.
Note: Verify the computer is configured to boot from CD in the BIOS.
1. If you are using a notebook computer, fully charge the computer battery and connect the AC adapter to an external surge-protected power connection.
Note: Do not run this process if only powered by the battery. The computer must be connected to an AC power outlet.
2. Turn on the computer and insert the Windows XP DVD Downgrade - Recovery Disc number 1.
3. Restart the computer.
4. After the computer has restarted, you will see the message, "Starting VAIO System Recovery Utility"
5. From the Welcome to the VAIO Recovery Wizard screen, click Next.
6. From the Recovery Options screen, make sure the C Drive Recovery option is selected and then click Next.
7. From the C Drive Recovery Confirmation screen, click Next.
8. The Recovery Progress screen will appear. Please wait while Windows XP is being installed.
9. When prompted, insert Windows XP DVD Downgrade - Recovery Disc number 2 and click OK.
10. When the recovery process has been completed, click Next.
11. When prompted, insert Windows XP DVD Downgrade - Recovery Disc number 1.
12. When prompted, remove Windows XP DVD Downgrade - Recovery Disc number 1 and click Finish.