How to password protect a local user account?
Password protecting a local user account.
1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, click User Accounts and Family Safety.
3. In the User Accounts and Family Safety window, click User Accounts.
4. In the User Accounts window, click Manage another account.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, click Continue or click Yes.
5. In the Manage Accounts window, click the account you want to change.
6. In the Change an Account window, click Create a Password.
NOTE: The Guest account type cannot be changed.
7. In the Create Password window, in the New password text field, type the desired password.
8. In the Confirm new password text field, type the same password again.
NOTE: The passwords must be typed exactly the same way both times.
9. In the Type a password hint text field, type a word or phrase that will help the account user to remember the password.
10. Click the Create password button.
11. In the Change an Account window, click the X in the upper right corner to close the window.