How to enable or disable a startup item in Windows 8 and 8.1.
Follow the steps below to disable startup items using the Task Manager utility:
- Press the Windows Logo + X key combination on the keyboard and, from the list, click Task Manager.
- You can also access the Task Manager by pressing the CTRL+ALT+DELETE key combination on the keyboard and clicking the Task Manager option.
- Whatever way you access the Task Manager, because it is a traditional Windows Desktop application, if you were not already there, the interface will change to the Desktop and the Task Manager window will open.
- In the Task Manager window, click on the desired item, then click Disable.
- Click Close, then restart the computer.