IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Reset your car stereo under the following conditions:
- Before you operate your car stereo for the first time.
- After you replace the car battery.
- After your change the connections or wiring.
- If your car stereo malfunctions.
WARNING! There's a risk of data loss. Performing a the RESET procedure will erase the clock settings and some stored content.
Some models don't have a reset button. Check your manual for model-specific information.
Devices with a Reset Button
- Remove the faceplate from your car stereo.
- Press the RESET button on the front panel using a pointed object, such as ball-point pen.
- These steps are for the in-dash car stereo receivers that have removable faceplates and may vary slightly based on your specific model number.
- For car stereos that have Bluetooth® wireless features, it would be necessary to perform the BT Initialize procedure to completely reset it.
Devices without a Reset Button
- On the front panel of your car stereo, press the SOURCE/OFF button for more than two seconds.
- Turn on your car stereo.