Blu-ray Disc / DVD Player - Composite with 4 pole mini-plug RCA conversion cable
Making a Connection
- Composite Audio/Video cable
- 4 pole mini-plug RCA conversion cable
- After making a connection, turn on the TV and the connected BD/DVD player.
Press the (Input) button repeatedly to select the input to the connected BD/DVD player.
Start playback on the connected BD/DVD player.
- If you connect a device that is compatible with “Control for Composite,” you can control it by simply using the TV’s remote.
- If the device has a DVI jack (socket), connect it to the Composite (with AUDIO IN) port through a DVI - Composite adaptor interface (not supplied), and connect the device’s audio out jacks (sockets) to Composite 2 AUDIO IN or Composite 3 AUDIO IN. (Jack (socket) name varies depending on your model/ region/ country.)
Please note that this is just basic troubleshooting based on Sony latest TV models. You can check specific troubleshooting for your model on the i-Manual or operating instructions. If the symptom still persists, please contact Sony.
- No picture appears on the TV screen when connected to the player via Composite.
For some 2014 TV models (i.e. KDL-xxWxxxB Series), there is Problem Diagnosis feature that may detect connected device symptom: Press HOME button on the remote → Help → Customer Support → Problem Diagnosis: External Device Symptom.
Please check the following:
- Is the Composite cable connected correctly?
- Is the Composite input selected on TV?
- If a resolution setting unacceptable to your TV is mistakenly selected, you can reset it to the factory default. In this case, press STOP button on the player for more than 10 seconds to reset the video output resolution to the lowest resolution.