How to connect a Blu-ray Disc player, TV or Network media player to a high-speed Internet network using a wireless connection.
Prior to connecting your Blu-ray Disc player, TV or Network media player to a home network using a Wi-Fi connection, it is important to understand the difference between a wireless LAN-ready product and a product that has a built-in wireless LAN. For information regarding which of these your Sony Internet capable video device is equipped with, refer to the operations manual supplied with the TV.
Bring wireless Internet access to your Wi-Fi ready device using the UWA-BR100 wireless LAN adapter . This adapter plugs into your USB input on your Internet capable video device, and with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality, it is simple to get your TV connected to your home network no matter what type of Wi-Fi you are using.
NOTE: The wireless LAN adapter (UWA-BR100) has been discontinued and is no longer available. If you do not already have one of these adapters, you will need to use one of the following wired connection options.
Built-in wireless LAN:
A built-in wireless LAN device allows you to access the Internet and your home network without having to connect a separate adapter. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment.
- If you are using a wireless hub, router or game adapter, you must select Wired Setup instead of Wireless Setup. The Wireless Setup setting is only for use with Sony wireless LAN ready devices (with USB wireless LAN adapter UWA-BR100) or Built-in Wireless LAN devices.
- For the Wireless LAN Ready TVs, only the UWA-BR100 is supported. PC USB Wireless LAN adapters are not supported.
- Using the network feature, you can connect your TV to the Internet. The setup procedure differs depending on the type of network and LAN router. Before setting up your Internet connection, be sure to set up a wireless LAN router.
Click on the appropriate link below for model-specific Network set up steps:
- BRAVIA TVs released in and before 2014
NOTE: This link includes the following series TVs.
- 2013 TVs: KDL-xxRxxxA, KDL-xxWxxxA, XBR-xxXxxxA
- 2014 TVs: KDL-xxWxxxB, XBR-xxXxxxB
On the packaging of your BRAVIA TV:
On your BRAVIA TV:
[A] Series name
- Older BRAVIA TVs
- Blu-ray Disc players and Network media players