Hi-Res Audio Player does not recognize the device, and cannot play back music.
If you encounter the error, "No output device has been selected" is displayed on the Hi-Res Audio Player, check the following:
- For a Windows PC, make sure the driver for the USB DAC device is installed.
- Open the Device Manager from the Control Panel, etc.
- Select Sound, video and game controllers.
- Check that Audio Driver is installed.
- When connected to a Windows PC, the driver is automatically installed. If it is not installed automatically, download the driver from the Sony support website, then install it.
- For Mac OS, the preinstall driver works instead, so there is no need to check the above.
Mac OS X 10.11 is not supported. If you do not have a supported OS version, use another supported application, such as iTunes. (As of Oct 2015)
- Check the device setting of the Hi-Res Audio Player.
- Select Device from the Configure menu.
- Select the connected device from the Device drop-down list and press OK.
- For a Portable Speaker, select Sony Audio Driver.
- For a Digital Media Player, select:
Sony ASIO driver or ASIO driver for SONY PHA-1A.