Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the image after completing each step.
- Make sure the HDMI cable is securely connected to the camera and the clip-on LCD monitor.
- Change the setting of the HDMI output in the camera menu.
- The HDMI output resolution has to be 800 x 480 pixels or greater or the image will be displayed small on the Clip-on LCD Monitor.
- Some features, such as pixel magnification, may not be fully used depending on the HDMI output setting.
- The aspect ratio of the Clip-on LCD Monitor screen is 15:9, so black stripes may appear above and below or on each side of movie images that have an aspect ratio of 16:9, 4:3 or 3:2.
- Try using a different HDMI cable.