I cannot operate the camera using a remote control connected via Bluetooth.
Perform the following steps to confirm.
Step 1 Check whether the camera supports Bluetooth remote control.
Cameras with Bluetooth remote control support are listed below. If the camera is not listed, it cannot be used with Bluetooth remote control.
- RMT-P1BT: https://www.sony.net/dics/p1bt/
- GP-VPT2BT: https://www.sony.net/dics/vpt2bt/
Step 2 Check whether the camera settings have been configured.
An outline of using a remote control and a Shooting Grip via a Bluetooth connection is provided below.
Note: See here for a detailed description of the procedure.
- From the Network menu, set the Bluetooth function to On and perform pairing (first time connecting only).
- From the Network menu, set the Bluetooth remote control to On and use the remote control. When finished using the remote control, set Bluetooth remote control to OFF.
Step 3 If remote control operation is not possible even though pairing has been performed (red lamp on remote control flashing rapidly, etc.), check the following points.
- From the Network menu, set the Bluetooth function to On.
- From the Network menu, set Bluetooth remote control to On.
Note: On some cameras, the item Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl appears under Transfer/Remote on the Network menu.
- If the remote control was used with a different camera, it must be paired again in order to use it with the original camera.
Details of procedure for using remote control or Shooting Grip via a Bluetooth connection
- On the camera, select MENU → (Network) → Bluetooth Settings or Bluetooth → Bluetooth Function → On.
- On the camera, select MENU → (Network) → Bluetooth Settings or Bluetooth → Pairing.
Perform pairing from the device to be connected. is displayed. Henceforth, the camera can be operated using the Bluetooth remote control or Shooting Grip.
- Press and hold down the following buttons on the Shooting Grip or Bluetooth remote control for 7 seconds.
The following description uses the GP-VPT2BT Shooting Grip and RMT-P1BT Bluetooth Remote Commander as examples.
- GP-VPT2BT Shooting Grip
Press and firmly hold down the PHOTO button (A) and the Zoom button on the T side (B) for at least 7 seconds.
- RMT-P1BT Bluetooth Remote Commander
Press and firmly hold down the Shutter-release/REC button (D) and either of the Focus/Zoom buttons (C) on the remote control for at least 7 seconds.
- GP-VPT2BT Shooting Grip
- After holding down the buttons for 7 seconds, the red lamp on the remote control or Shooting Grip flashes slowly and Allow pairing with the device? is displayed on the camera.
Select OK within 10 seconds after the above message appears.
Note: After 10 seconds have elapsed, the message Perform pairing from the device to be connected. reappears, so it is necessary to repeat the procedure from step 2.
- Paired. is displayed on the camera when pairing is complete.
Note: Just performing pairing does not make it possible to operate the camera using the remote control. Refer to the remote control operation item.
Remote control operation
- On the camera, select MENU → (Network) → Transfer/Remote or Bluetooth → Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl → On.
- Operation using the remote control is now enabled.
- After shooting using the remote control is finished, select MENU → (Network) → Transfer/Remote or Bluetooth → Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl → Off on the camera.