Making a Connection
Connect HDMI IN on the TV and HDMI OUT on the Gaming console with an HDMI cable. After connecting, connect the power cord (mains lead) of the Gaming console to an electrical source and turn it on.
- Gaming console: HDMI OUT
- HDMI cable
- TV: HDMI IN
NOTE: To enjoy 4K 100p/120p, refer to the To enjoy 4K 100p/120p video section below.
- After making a connection, turn on your TV.
- Press the (Input) button repeatedly to select the input to the connected Gaming console.
- Turn on your Gaming console by pressing the power button.
- If you are using the PlayStation 4 and you can't get a picture when the PlayStation 4 system is turn on (the power indicator will turn white), simply press the power button for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice) to turn off the power and then turn on the power again.
To enjoy 4K 100p/120p video
IMPORTANT: 4K 100p/120p affected products are only Z8H, X90H, X91H, KM-X9000H and Z9G series.
- X90H, X91H and KM-X9000H series need a software update. For details on how to update your TV, refer to the article How to perform a software update.
- (HDMI cable) in the Making a Connection: If you input the 4K 100p/120p signal from the console to the TV, you need to connect the Ultra High Speed HDMI cable. Connect the HDMI cable that supplied with your console.
(HDMI terminal) in the Making a Connection: If you input the 4K 100p/120p signal from the console to the TV, make sure your console is connected to the 4K 100p/120p supported terminal of the TV as below:
- For Z8H, Z9G series: HDMI 4
- For X90H, X91H, KM-X9000H series: HDMI 3 or HDMI 4
If you are using a console such as PlayStation®5 that supports 4K 100p/120p, in order for the console to recognize the 4K 100p/120p capability of the TV, you will need to set the HDMI signal format of the TV to Enhanced format (8K) or Enhanced format.
- For Z8H, Z9G series: Enhanced format (8K)
- For X90H, X91H, KM-X9000H series: Enhanced format
Follow the steps below to set the HDMI signal format:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Watching TV.
- Select External inputs.
- Select HDMI 3 or HDMI 4.
- Select HDMI signal format and set to Enhanced format (8K) or Enhanced format.
If experience certain symptoms with HDMI connections such as devices not detected or other HDMI related symptoms, refer to HDMI connectivity potential issues and how to solve them