The battery does not charge.
Note: Check the Accessories Compatibility Information website for information regarding the batteries for your camera.
Check the following:
- Check if the battery is inserted in the right direction.
- If the CHARGE/Charge lamp flashes or does not light, the terminal may be dirty or there may be a problem with the battery. Wipe any dirt or fingerprints from the terminal with a dry cloth, then charge the battery again.
Note: Do not touch the battery terminal with your hands or any metal objects.
Examples of fingerprints and dirt on the battery terminals (for NP-BD1):
- A: Fingerprints on the terminal
- B: Objects adhering to the terminal
- C: A clean battery terminal
- The battery, AC adapter, USB cable, and battery charger are Sony-provided parts. If you use non-Sony parts, charging may not be carried out properly or may cause malfunction.
- If you charge a battery that has not been charged for a long period of time or from a state of over-discharge, such as immediately after purchase, the CHARGE/Charge lamp may flash. In this case, remove the battery and charge again to resolve the issue.
- In the following situations, you may not be able to charge normally.
Try to recharge in the proper environment.
- The temperature of the camera is high after extended use.
- The ambient temperature is outside the recommended range of 10°C to 30°C (50°F to 86°F).
Check how to charge with your charging method.
- When connecting to a computer with a USB cable
- When using an AC adaptor
- When using a battery charger
Note: Depending on the model, the charging method or accessories differ. For details on the charging method, refer to your camera manual.