Note: Check the following information first before proceeding.
Make sure the battery pack is sufficiently charged before attempting the connection.
You will not need to install a driver in order to connect the camera to the computer. After connecting the camera, the computer will detect it and install the proper driver automatically.
If any of the following symptoms occur.
- A message to confirm the connecting destination is displayed on the camera’s monitor.
- The camera’s disk drive Removable Disk is not displayed under Computer in Windows.
- The NONAME icon or Untitled icon is not displayed on the desktop in Mac.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot why the computer does not recognize the USB connection from a Sony digital camera.
- Check the USB cable.
- Confirm the camera settings.
- Reconnect the USB cable following the procedure below.
- Confirm the display on the computer.
- Check if another computer recognizes the camera.
Check the following related Q&A.
- I cannot charge the battery when connecting to a computer by USB cable.
- If the computer does not recognize the USB connection from a Sony camcorder .
- Error: Connect a device or media to the computer. is displayed on the import screen and the camera is not recognized when attempting to import images with PlayMemories Home.