About this download
For owners of Walkman W series, we offer NWZ-W274S firmware update program to the latest version 1.01. Please read carefully the following instructions.
Note: This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.01 by the automatic firmware update function.
Contents of the update
Improvement of the issue where the WALKMAN may not properly start up or play back.
NWZ-W274S that has firmware version lower than 1.01.
How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version
- Please confirm the Model and the Firmware version from the steps below.
- Connect the Walkman to your computer by using the USB cradle (supplied).
- On your computer, check “information.txt” in the WALKMAN folder.
- The “information.txt” contains the following information:
01: Model name
02: Memory capacity
03: Firmware version
- Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
Target PC environments
- Mac OS X v10.6 ~ 10.12
Not supported by OSs other than above.
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- Memory: 1 GB or more (32-bit OS) / 2 GB or more (64-bit OS)
- OS X
- macOS Sierra
- Mac OS
- The update program download is started by clicking “Download” button on the bottom of this announcement.
- After completion of the download, connect your Walkman to your PC by USB cradle (supplied).
- Quit all software running on your PC.
- Double click the saved file, and work by following displayed massages.
* Please do not disconnect the unit from the PC during upgrading.
- When the message of completing upgrading is displayed, click Finish button.
Please confirm the version when the update program is installed successfully with following How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version steps.
The update program installation is succeeded when Firmware version is shown 1.01.