About this download
This download application will upgrade the System Software to Version: 66R3
- Allows VRD-MC6 to record AVCHD video footages taken with Sony Cyber-shot® digital camera via USB or Memory Stick® Duo™
File name: VRDMC6Updater.zip
File size: 3.61 MB (3,786,149 bytes)
Updated on: 27th January 2010
- System Software Upgrade to Version: 66R3
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
System Software Update Instructions
The instruction describes how to update the system software for DVDirect model VRD-MC6.
Note: For updating the system software on the "VRD-MC6", user need to create a system software updater CD using the computer. Please prepare one blank CD-R disc for creating the update CD in advance.
- Download the system software update zipped folder VRDMC6Updater.zip and unzip it. Please note where you have downloaded the folder.
- Within the folder, there is a file, SNDH8U66.DA3, which you will need to create a system software update CD.
- Create the system software update disc by copying file SNDH8U66.DA3 to a CD disc. Below is how you can copy file SNDH8U66.DA3 to a CD by using Windows XP. However, if you have any other CD burning software, it can be used as well. The important thing is to copy the file SNDH8U66.DA3 onto a CD disc.
How to Create the System Software Update CD using Windows XP
Record the system software update file downloaded in the previous step onto the root directory of a blank CD-R. For example, on a computer running Windows XP, you can create the system software update CD as follows, using the standard CD creation function in Windows XP (supports CD-R and CD-RW discs):
- Insert a blank disc into the computer's CD drive.
- Open My Computer, browse for the system software update file that you downloaded, and click Copy this file in the File and Folder Tasks pane.
- In the "Copy Items" dialog box that appears, click the CD drive where you inserted the blank disc, and then click Copy.
- Click the balloon message that appears in the notification area.
- Click Write these files to CD in the CD Writing Tasks pane.
- Follow the instructions of the CD creation wizard, and finish writing to the CD.
Steps to Update VRD-MC6
- Press POWER button to power on VRD-MC6.
- Insert the System Software Update CD into VRD-MC6.
- VRD-MC6 will load the disc and will appear the following message, "Unusable disc inserted. Insert a compatible disc." Please disregard this message and select Return from the control buttons.
- From the main Menu, select Setup --> System Info --> OK
- You will see the following screen. To update, select OK
- VRD-MC6 will ask for your update confirmation again. To continue, select OK.
- The updating process will take approximately 15 minutes. During this time, it is imperative that the system is not powered off. After the update, VRD-MC6 will turn restart automatically.
- Press the Eject button to remove the System Software Update CD. Power off the unit.
- To confirm the update, power on VRD-MC6 and repeat step 4 to confirm. The new System Updated Version should be 66R3.
- Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.