This information is for the following models:
About this download
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is always concerned about customer satisfaction and therefore is offering a software upgrade program for Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera SLT-A55V.
Improvements after firmware upgrade
- Addition of the Picture Effect function.
- Enable to assign often-used features to the D-RANGE button for customization.
- Addition of a new mode to turn off display parameters.
- Improved operability of the Menu.
- High-Speed Synchronization via wireless lighting operation of the applicable external flash. (only “α55”)
- Addition of Digital level gauge when using the optional external monitor such as the Clip-on LCD Monitor, the CLM-V55.
Applicable firmware version
- Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera SLT-A55V with firmware Ver.1.10
How to check the firmware version
- Select Menu → Setup → Version on the camera.
- The firmware version is displayed. If your firmware version is Ver.2.00 or later, the upgrade is not required.
- Windows® 7
* 64-bit and Starter editions are not supported.
** Starter edition is not supported.
Other system requirements
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
* Please close all other application software before upgrading the firmware.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
Note: The upgrade can be performed only when the remaining battery level is(three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery or the AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately).
- Windows 7
- When performing the firmware upgrade, please use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or the AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately).
- Do not remove the battery or AC adaptor during the upgrade; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
Start Firmware Updater
- Double-click SLT-A55V2_Update1105a.exe to start up Firmware Updater.
- Check the USB connection mode
Select Menu → Setup → USB Connection on the camera, and confirm Mass Storage is selected.
If the mode other than Mass Storage is selected, please select Mass Storage.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
Note: When the camera is connected to the computer, the LCD screen of the camera turns off. Please proceed to the next step.
- Confirm is displayed on the task tray at the lower right corner of the computer screen.
- After confirming the above, click Next on Firmware Updater.
Figure 4 appears on Firmware Updater and Figure 5 appears on the LCD screen of the camera.
Figure 4: Firmware Updater
Figure 5: Camera’s LCD screen
Note: From this step onwards, never turn off the camera until the firmware upgrade is completed.
- After confirming the screens on Figures 4 and 5, click Next. The current version and the version after the upgrade appear on the lower left part of the screen.
Figure 6: Upgrade is required
If the screen on Figure 7 appears, the upgrade is not required. According to the message, stop the USB connection and click Finish. Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack or the AC adaptor, and then turn on the camera again.
Figure 7: Upgrade is not required
- Clickon the task tray at the lower right corner of the computer screen to stop the USB connection.
Note: Please keep the USB cable connected even after stopping the USB connection on the computer with the above operation.
- Press the center of the control wheel to reset the camera.
Figure 9: Camera’s LCD screen
Figure 10: Camera control wheel
Note: The screen turns off when the center of the control wheel is pressed. Please proceed to the next step.
- After resetting, reconnection of the camera is verified, and the screen on Figure 11 appears.
- Click Run to start the upgrade. The progress bar appears while upgrading (approximately 3 minutes).
Note: Never turn off the camera nor disconnect the USB cable while upgrading.
- When the upgrade is completed, the screen on Figure 12 appears. Click Finish and disconnect the USB cable.
- Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack or the AC adaptor, and then turn on the camera again.
Check the firmware version
- Select Menu → Setup → Version on the camera.
- The firmware version is displayed. The firmware upgrade was completed successfully if Ver.2.00 is displayed.
The new functions provided by this firmware upgrade and their respective operations are described in below instruction manual links.