About this download
This program updates the DSLR-A380 camera firmware to Version 1.10.
Firmware Update Additional Features / Improvements
- When the Metering mode is set to the Center weighted or Spot metering modes,
the exposure will be locked when the focus is confirmed. (When shooting in AF mode)
IMPORTANT: This firmware update is only for a DSLR-A380 camera that has Ver.1.00 of the firmware installed.
Determine whether or not this firmware update is needed:
Only DSLR-A380 cameras that meet the criteria for the current firmware version should proceed with this firmware update. Follow these steps to check your firmware version.
Note: If the firmware version is already Ver.1.10, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- Turn ON the camera power switch.
- Press the MENU Button to display the menu.
- Select Tab 3 of the Setup Menu using the horizontal buttons of the control button.
- Select Version by pressing the down button of the control button.
- Press the center of the control button.
- The firmware version will be displayed on the LCD monitor.
- Press the center of the control button to close the version display
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
- Do not use this firmware to update any other models of digital cameras.
- This Camera firmware update and any changes incurred by it are permanent. It is not possible to return to a previous firmware version after updating this firmware. By continuing this update process, downloading and updating this firmware, acknowledgement of awareness and understanding that this update cannot reverse this installation.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
- Please contact your local Sony office, if you encounter any problem while performing the firmware update
DSLR-A380 Firmware Update Version 1.10
Windows Operating System: DSCA380V110.exe (5.54 MB (5,809,597 bytes))
Macintosh Operating System: DSCA380V110.zip (5.50 MB (5,776,798 bytes))
Updated on: 5th November 2009
- DSLR-A380 Firmware Update Version 1.10 for Mac OS X
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
System requirement of a computer
Supported Operating System
- Windows® Vista SP1
- Windows® XP Home Edition/Professional*
- Windows® 2000 Professional SP4
- Mac OS X (v10.1.3 - v10.5)
* 64-bit editions and Starter are not supported.
- Your computer should have a card slot, or a card reader which is suitable for the recording medium.
Please be sure to prepare the following items as it will be used while updating.
Power source for the camera
- When performing the firmware update, use the fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FH50 or the AC adapter AC-PW10AM (sold separately).
Note: An update can be performed only when the battery level is three remaining battery icons or more. We recommend that you use a sufficient battery or the ACPW10AM AC Adaptor (sold separately).
- USB cable supplied with camera
- The cable will be necessary if your computer does not have a card slot which is suitable for the recording medium.
- Operations are not guaranteed if you use a commercially available USB cable.
Please prepare one of the following recording medium.
- Memory Stick PRO Duo or Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
- SD Memory Card or SDHC Memory Card
Note: Recording medium is required to be formatted with the camera beforehand. Please backup the data in the recording medium before format.
- Double-click the downloaded file (DSCA380V110.zip) to decompress it.
* Depending on your Operating System, the file may be automatically extracted when downloading.
- The DSCA380.APP file should be created after decompression:
* The extension (*.APP) may not be displayed depending on the computer.
* As this file is a firmware for the camera, there is no need to open the file.