Making a Connection
- A: HDMI IN
- B: HDMI cable
- C: HDMI OUT
HDMI connection is recommended for optimum picture quality. If your BD/DVD player has an HDMI jack (socket), connect it using a HDMI cable. Please use an authorised HDMI cable bearing the HDMI logo.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI ports labeled ARC, or the port identified in your manual that supports ARC.
- Set Speakers to Audio system.
The steps below are an example on Android TV or Google TV.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound → Audio output → Speakers → Audio system.
- Select Sound → Speakers → Audio system
- Set the BRAVIA Sync control to On.
Note: If your TV is other than a BRAVIA TV, check the supplied manuals to search the settings related to the HDMI CEC function and set it to On.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on both the TV and the audio system.
- After making a connection, turn on the TV and the connected BD/DVD player.
- Press the (Input) button repeatedly to select the input to the connected BD/DVD player.
Start playback on the connected BD/DVD player.
- If you connect a device that is compatible with “Control for HDMI,” you can control it by simply using the TV’s remote.
- If the device has a DVI jack (socket), connect it to the HDMI (with AUDIO IN) port through a DVI - HDMI adaptor interface (not supplied), and connect the device’s audio out jacks (sockets) to HDMI 2 AUDIO IN or HDMI 3 AUDIO IN. (Jack (socket) name varies depending on your model/ region/ country.)
Please note that this troubleshooting is a general one based on Sony latest TV models. You can check specific troubleshooting for your model on the i-Manual or operating instruction. If the symptom still persists, please contact Sony.
- No picture appears on the TV screen when connected to the player via HDMI.
For some 2014 TV models (i.e. KDL-xxWxxxB Series), there is Problem Diagnosis feature that may detect connected device symptom: Press HOME button on the remote → Help → Customer Support → Problem Diagnosis: External Device Symptom.
Please check the following:
- Is the HDMI cable connected correctly?
- Is the HDMI input selected on TV?
- If a resolution setting unacceptable to your TV is mistakenly selected, you can reset it to the factory default. In this case, press STOP button on the player for more than 10 seconds to reset the video output resolution to the lowest resolution.