- If you do not have the latest version of the Content Transfer application already installed on your computer, it may be available through the Sony Support website(for applicable models).
- You can also install the application from an included CD (if applicable) or file on your Walkman (if applicable). Check your manual for more information about installing the included software.
- The Content Transfer (Windows version) installation requires the Windows Media Player 11 software.
- It is recommended to use the Apple iTunes software version 9 or later with the Content Transfer version 1.3 or later software.
Follow this procedure to transfer DRM-free iTunes Plus files or other files not containing DRM, such as MP3 files, to your portable player using the Apple iTunes software:
NOTE: A procedure is available to confirm that the files you are trying to playback are DRM-free.
- Start the iTunes software.
- Connect your portable player to your computer.
- Start the Content Transfer application if it did not start automatically.
NOTE: If you do not have the Content Transfer application already installed on your computer, it can be downloaded from the Sony Support Web Site. The Content Transfer installation will require to have Windows Media Player 11 and also the latest version of Itunes software is recommended to be used, otherwise the Itunes music files may not transfer properly.
- Locate the song in the iTunes software.
- Drag and then drop the song into the Content Transfer application.