Can the built-in flash memory be formatted with the player?
Formatting the built-in flash memory with the player.
Please refer to the steps below to format the memory.
* If the memory is formatted, all files including Operation Guide (PDF file) and "Auto Transfer" software stored in the player will be deleted.
- Be sure to verify the files stored in memory prior to formatting and export necessary files to the hard disk of the computer or other device.
- Press and hold the BACK/HOME button until the [Home] menu appears.
- Press the / button to select [Settings], and then press the button.
- Press the / button to select the [Initialize], and then press the button.
- Press the / button to select the [Format], and then press the button.
Confirmation screen appears.
- Press the / button to select [OK], and then press the button.
[FORMATTING...] appears. When formatting is completed, [COMPLETE] appears.
- Do not format the built-in flash memory using Windows Explorer.
- After the formatting, all of the data/music information are deleted, and cannot be recovered.
- If you format your player using other then the "format" menu of the player and the player does not function normally, format the built-in flash memory using the “Format” menu of the player (above steps).