Tips to maximize the battery life of the Walkman
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The Walkman consumes battery even when in standby, so the battery life will be shorter if the player is in standby for a long time. If multiple applications are running, the battery consumption will also increase and the usage time will be shortened. Battery life also varies depending on usage conditions, settings, and temperature. This article shows ways to reduce battery consumption and increase battery life.
Settings to maximize the battery life
Activating the Battery Saver function can help to reduce the battery consumption when the battery level is low. In addition, you can set the Battery Saver function to activate at a desired remaining battery level.
- Swipe the Home screen upwards, then select Settings.
- Select Battery.
- Select Battery Saver.
- Set Turn on automatically to On.
Note: If you select TURN ON NOW, the Battery Saver function will be activated regardless of the remaining battery level.
- Set the AT xx% value to the desired percentage.
Note: The Battery Saver function will be activated when the remaining battery level reaches the percentage value set.
Other settings to save the battery life
You can reduce the battery consumption by changing how you use the player. Try the following suggestions to increase battery life:
|Turn off the power manually when you do not use the player||
|Shorten the display Sleep time setting||
|Turn off all sound adjustments||
|Turn off the Location service when you are not using it||
|Turn off Wi-Fi when you are not using it||
|Turn off apps when you are not using them||
|Turn off Bluetooth when you are not using it||
|Turn off NFC when you are not using it|
(Note: Only NW-A100 and NW-ZX500 Series support NFC)
|Lower the screen brightness||
Note: When used in a cold temperature environment, the battery life will be shorter.
In cold environments, chemical reactions become weak and electrical energy lowers. The battery cannot be fully charged in a cold environment. Even if you fully charge the battery in a warmer environment, the battery life shortens when you use it in a cold environment. (If you return to a warm environment, the battery life returns to normal.)
About the battery life
Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries gradually decrease in charging capacity and duration depending on the number of charge/discharge cycles and the period of use.
To reduce deterioration and extend the battery life:
- Stopping the battery charging before reaching full can help reduce the deterioration of the battery.
- If the rechargeable battery is stored for a long time in a totally empty or fully charged condition, the battery tends to deteriorate. To prevent deterioration, charge the battery to about 50% once every six months to one year.
Estimated replacement time:
- The number of charge/discharge cycles, usage period, and usage conditions can all affect the capacity of the battery and reduce the battery life.
- If the battery life is half the level mentioned in the manual even after being fully charged, the battery may need to be replaced.
Related article: How do you replace the built-in battery?