The remaining battery charges of the left and right WF-1000XM4 earbuds are significantly different.
IMPORTANT: If you experience battery discharge/draining issue on the WF-1000XM4, please download the Headphone Connect app on your mobile device and connect your headphones to perform the latest software update first.
While it is normal for the battery consumption rate to vary somewhat between the left and right earbuds due to function settings and conditions of use, a significant difference between the earbuds, when regularly used together, should not occur.
As a first step, check these articles to make sure you are charging the earbuds properly:
- The remaining battery charge varies between the left and right side of the headphones
- The WF-1000XM4 charging indicator flashes red during wireless charging
If these steps do not resolve the issue, try the following:
- Fully charge the headphones.
- Launch the Sony | Headphones Connect app, and connect the device and the headphones via Bluetooth.
- Make the following settings on the Sony | Headphones Connect app, and play any music:
- Volume: Middle
- CODEC: AAC
- DSEE Extreme: OFF
- Noise Canceling: ON
- Other settings: OFF
Note: The CODEC depends on the music files you are playing. You can check the CODEC using the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
- Play the music on the connected device, and check to see if the music plays for more than 3 hours.
When using the specified settings, if the music plays for less than 3 hours, the headphones may require servicing.